For all lovers of sea food, heres an extremely tasty and mouth watering recipe of Prawns Biryani..!
• 250 gms Basmati rice
• 250 gms Prawns
• 2 small onions,finely chopped
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• Chilli pwd as per taste
• 1 tsp coriander
• ½ tsp garam masala
• ¼ tsp turmeric pwd
• 2 tomatoes,finely chopped
• 2 green chillies,slit open
• 1 tsp poppy seeds(khaskhas)
• 2 bay leaves(Tej patta)
• 2 small cinnamon sticks(dalchini)
• 3 cloves(laung)
• 3 cardamom(elaichi)
• 1 tbsp jeera
• ¾ katori curd
• 4-5 cashewnuts,crushed
• Salt as per taste
• 2 tsp ghee
• 300 ml water
1. Clean the prawns and marinate with chilli pwd,1/2 tsp ginger paste,1/2 tsp garlic paste,turmeric and salt.Keep it aside for 10 mins.
2. Soak rice for approx. 30 mins.
3. Cook the prawns on low heat till all the water is absorbed.Drain on a plate and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan and then add bayleaf,cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,poppy seeds,jeera and cashewnuts and fry for 2 mins.Add the chopped onion and green chillies and sauté till golden brown.Add the remaining ginger and garlic paste and fry till oil seperates.
5. Add the remaining chilli pwd,turmeric,garam masala and sauté for a min.Add tomatoes and cook till oil seperates.Add the prawns and mix well.
6. Slowly add curd,a little at a time and mix well.Add the soaked rice and mix for 2 mins.
7. Add water and ghee and mix well.Cover and cook till rice is done.
8. Garnish with coriander.
Your yummy Prawns biryani is ready.